Server Status
Ventrilo Status

SundayMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturday
Latest Raid Logs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Runeypoo
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

re: Runepost 003: Forced March

Good news, everyone! Another dead boss. Another level of difficulty finished. Laughs, good times, bad times, soiled pants, hurt feelings, confusing emotions about how a certain someone's voice could melt you like hot butter. You done good by me, made me proud. But I am a very hard to keep pleased grandpa. You'll need to keep stepping things up for us to continue this arms race. This one might be a little wobbly due to my current level of cognition. But yeah, it is still a really big thing that we've accomplished...

Blackhand is down. In the immortal loose paraphrasing of some star ship guy, Don't get penisy! We got one of the endless evil orcs that seem to exist in WoW down, but there are plenty more. Plus some demons soon! Also we've gotta start killing the same dudes again, only this time its for reals. Mythic mode is going to set the bar even higher, so we've really gotta patch some of the weaker areas of the hull. This ship ain't sinkin' anytime soon, so long as everyone is on board with the gameplan. Hopefully these words will boatnatize you into improving. Figured I'd go with Shipnatize there? That isn't even a thing, shut up. Keep in mind through all this talk of advancing in a forced march, I still love you. In front of the kids, at least.

Anyhow, we've gotta touch on a couple key points about our current sitch. 

What are your current goals with this game? Hopefully it is a mixture created with dashes of fun, progress, and accomplishment. We're aiming toward Mythic now (and soon Hellfire) and it is only going to get tougher. If your goal is to be a dead body on the floor, thats one thing. If it is to be standing over the corpses of many a boss on the very same floor, it is another! Dedication and discipline are required in this brave new world. Showing up on time, studying up, and making sure you don't bring a piss poor attitude are tools of the trade. In the long run it all points to my ever so loved theme of solidarity.

How can you improve yourself? Find yourself dying a little too often? (Corpses don't heal, dps, or tank!) Study up on survival talents and their application. Find yourself on the ass end of the dps charts? (The better you get, the faster this goes!) There are -plenty- of guides out there that will hand hold you through it. But it actually requires some tough decisions. A lot of the specs aren't doing well as of now (even if they will be in the future) and there has even been some issues of folks not connecting well enough with their class. Remember, you being content is another piece of the puzzle...so if this is a job more than a hobby, thats a problem! We need you to be a super efficient happy chubby house cat. We're going to be getting a lot more hands on with the improvement side of things...because it has been long enough. If you cannot pull yourself up by your bootstraps, I'll bring a crane. You'll soon find many folks offering their assistance for this very matter!

A hidden cog of the machine is attitude though...it has become very clear that many peeps are showing up already grumpy or 'tired'. Leave that crap off the court. Nobody wants to play with dicks (outside of the sanctioned dick play scenarios) and you can't expect people to improve if that is what you're offering them. I'm still intensely pro having folks talk things out directly, so just keep in mind if you'd choose to skirt that direction that there will be reprecussions. Stone throwin' usually only leads to the lens to better observe your own performance. Half-assing fights, taking unfriendly potshots, yada yada is all playground shit. We're above that. Pride, Lust (for loot), and all the other raiders sins are never a positive thing. For another quote, how about Twin Peaks?

LOG LADY: You wear bright objects on your chest.

MAJOR BRIGGS: (unfazed) Yes. I do.

LOG LADY: Are you proud?

MAJOR BRIGGS: Achievement is its own reward. Pride obscures it.

That being said, with encouraging inter-guild activity I'll start bothering our all stars of each position for additional tips should it be necessary.

Keep it real.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flames Of Salvation Forum Index -> Team AFH All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: